SEARCH HOMESCHOOLING ROCKS!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Outdoor Classroom: Bees, Bees, Bees

Bees, bees, bees. They just love the salvia. I kid you not, there are always at least five or six bees buzzing around this plant.

Can you spot the bee?


Lately my camera has been a source of frustration. Not because I don't love it. But sometimes it would be nice to splurge on some additional lenses, especially one for close up work. My camera requires shooting objects from a few feet away, so cropping is a must. I just wish for a bit more detail and close focus.

But lenses are soooo expensive. And not in the budget anytime soon.

Guess that means doing the best with what I have! And shooting lots of pictures to try and share some of our life with you.

So back to homeschool. Madeline is constantly curious about the bees. She wonders if she should be scared of them...I tell her only if she bothers them! They have never stung any of us, we just let them gather pollen until their little hearts are content.

To foster her curiosity, I've requested some books on bees from the library. Maybe she'll be less weary of them if she understands them better. So excited for the books to come in:


Do you have any bees that like to visit your yard? How do you feel about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hearing your thoughts and comments makes my day! It's always fun making new friends, so don't be too shy to introduce yourself :)

Have a question? Ask away! I promise to answer as quickly as I can.